Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 06:15:57 -0600

On 2005-05-13 k2lkk said:
   >The thing that upsets me the most about this is that the vast
   >majority of the measurements that I would make are at low voltages
   >(generally 12 VDC or less), and these voltages simply aren't that
   >dangerous.  I am certainly not going to put my fingers where there
   >is the possibility of live voltages at lethal levels.  But, I
   >should not be barred from testing for the presence of 12 VDC, or 9
   >VDC, or 5 VDC, and since I have an all solid state station, these
   >are the voltages that are most prevalent in my station. 73, de Lou
THis seems ludicrous to me as well.  First it's amperage that will be
the killer.

I hope folks in the NFB who are technically savvy get involed with
this but I have my doubts on any organization supposed of and for the
blind getting involved.  THey're too interested in federal rehab
ocntracts to relaly get involed in advocacy these days.

SHould I find the money for one of these meters I"ll never tell them
I'm blind, sad as it may be.  I'll order it in my xyl's name.  THought
I'd nevr play this game but I can't depend on the so-called advocacy
organizations, this includes both ACB and NFB to actually advocate for
lbind people.  THey're too busy chasing federal dollars in rehab
contract et cetera.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania