From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 10:08:26 -0230
Hello List:

Did anyone make it to Dayton this year?
I'm wondering if anyone had an opportunity to check out the "Star of the show" the new Yaesu FTDX-9000.
I don't have much on this one except its slated for a December release.  This rig will be available in 2 models.  The 200W version with built in PS and a 400W version with external PS.
the FTDX-9000 also has 6M.  I wasn't licenced when the FT-1000D reached its peak or for that matter had the bucks to buy one on the used market but if the 9000 is going to be as good, I'll certainly make every effort to jump on this one! <HI>
I'm also wondering if Yaesu has made a better effort to make this one accessible for us blind hams.

On to another subject:
Does anyone have a tuning aid they would like to part with?
I'm going to purchase a Heathkit SB-220 in a couple of weeks.  Although I can tune up the amp with out it, I would feel more comfortable hearing the tuning process.

TNX all & 73:
Michael VO1RYN

Michael Ryan
Helpdesk Analyst