From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 20:03:15 -0600
hi Lou:
Ok, this may or may not be of any help...but, in my experience with almost
any amplifier that has been camercially manufactured for amateur or
camercial usage, the jacks on the back are layed out the same...
the same is true with meters and tuners...basically, the transmitter input
will be on the left hand side when looking at the back of the unit...or, if
looking from the front side, the transmitter input will be on the right.
Unfortunately i can't say this is specifically true for the mirage line of
amps...however i have noticed the universality of the configuration across
many brands and models.
If the amp has a receive preamp built in, it will not work with the input
and output mixed up backwards....also, if the amp is hooked up backwards,
the relay inside will not click when you transmit....you generally can't
hurt much by transmitting into the amp from the wrong jack..as long as it
isn't high power.
if its a decent amp, the components inside will be able to handle the mixed
up input/output.
The relay should be your best bet for telling if its hooked up right.
73
Colin, V A6BKX