From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:28:21 -0500
Well, I have the TW-1 and another much older but very good device here that
will change the pitch as you tune the antenna, lower the SWR, the higher the
pitch of the tone. Since most of that stuff isn't made anymore, your best
bet is probably an automatic tuner though I'd say if at any time you or
anyone else comes in to a deal on the other units on the market, if you need
it at the time or not, grab it and hold on to it tight because you never
know when it will come in handy. that ni viking unit I have I used to use
with my old FT-101E back when has been here ever since and I've never seen
another one. Most would probably look at it and think it was some home made
thing and chuck it, I got real lucky with mine that someone just happened to
think it was what it was and tried it to make sure, then thought of me and
let me have it for a dirt cheap price having no clue what it was worth. I
know a couple people from this very list have made me some pretty attractive
offers over the years when I mentioned having that unit. 10 times what I
paid once but they're so hard to come by, when I'm an SK, it will become
available. I have little doubt it will still work then too.