From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:17:53 -0600
well, I had some small success working the contest on 20M tonight from my
home qth.
I logged 15 contacts using my 20M ham stick mounted out on the balcony rail
and 100W.
Some notable contacts were D4C kape verde, CR3a madeira island off the coast
of morocco, a brazilian station and a hawaiian station.
I was hunting and pouncing and was listening for dx only for the most
part...not considering the US or canada as dx.
Considering my antenna, power level and S8 noise level across the whole
band, and the 1 hour that I devoted to it, I think I was fairly successful.
It's nothing compared to even a medium sized properly set up ham station,
but still I'm happy things work as well as they do.
If only I had access to the club station, I could probably work my own pile
ups with their big beam and height and so on.
73
Colin, V A6BKX