From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:59:20 -0400
I own the v-71, which is the same radio without the tnc, and yes, the menus
are pretty much completely spoken.

there are a few minor things that don't speak at all, such as the alpha
numeric stuff for naming memories, but who needs those anyway?  There are a
couple of things that I don't like about it, but they are so minor, that
they're not of real note.

I have yet to set it up for Echo link, as the cabling is about $60 and I
don't have that kind of cash at this point.  To those who say " Make your
own cable," that would be possible, however, I'm told that at times, Kenwood
puts chips in their cables so you have to buy them and not make them
yourself.

I haven't done everything that can be done on this radio, but I can tell you
right now, it's probably the best radio that a blind person can buy at this
point in time.  It's a bit pricey, but what worth having isn't?

73,
Chris, w8cjs