From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:19:43 -0500
Gery,

I did hear you fairly well from Philly when you checked in and I relayed
your QTH to Kevin in Washington state, who was net control.    Don't know if
you stuck around, but nobody heard you when you were called to make a
transmission later.    Perhaps you didn't hear the stations calling you to
transmit.

You should  have a log  full of stations on 20 meters with that Butternut,
all over North and South America and well into Europe without much trouble.

Your antenna is either poorly tuned, poorly installed, or has a poor radial
system.  Maybe all of the above.  Verticals aren't for everyone.  Perhaps
you should go in a different direction.  This should be a fun hobby and not
a frustration.

73, Steve KW3A