From:
Fred Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:41:45 -0400
I am talking about loading the amplifier to keep from overdriving it.  I
have an ICOM 775DSP which is a two hundred watt radio and I want to be sure
not to put too much drive into the amplifier.  So far I have done OK but at
my age I could forget.  I always try to be extra careful with my equipment
but there is always a first time mistake.  This is what started me thinking
about using the automatic load control.