From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:53:00 -0500
	I am sorry to hit the ham list with this question
because it is thoroughly off-topic, but I hope some of you may
be able to answer my question and you will know what I am
asking.

	Is there a mode of operation in Mac Voiceover in which
the speech will echo new input to the screen without one's
having to manually do anything?

	I am supposed to get a new work station in my job and I
think a Mac will be just the thing if it can do this. We will
sometimes log in to a system and wait for messages to pop up on
the screen when various network devices come up or go down. With
my present setup, I have a speech synthesizer on an old P.C.
running MSDOS and kermit and a screen reader. If you get the
kermit terminal emulator going, the speech synthesizer will
chatter away if new stuff comes in to the screen.

	If the Mac can't do that, it will be a bit of a problem.
If it can, then it is time to proceed. I have access to a Mac
right now, but a read of the VoiceOver documentation didn't tell
me anything directly. When you just bring up voiceover, it will
let a whole screen of stuff come in and then read you the bottom
line. That is good sometimes, but other times we want to hear
the whole spew.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer