From:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 18:35:44 +0200
Hi,
Yes, especially since not all menu items are spoken and well, you can use the computer to program the radio but it is much more convenient to do it directly on the radio.
For example, we have several repeaters here in Stockholm which uses CTCS and I am not able to specify it myself, except if I use the programming software.
And also, I now know how to delete a memory channel.
One holds down the escape key while switching on the radio and it says channel delete and one just keys in the dizired channel number.
Also, I have now had a few qsos on the radio and the microphone is not maybe the best one. It sounds a little if you are using some monophone or talking into a can.
So, if I would have to chooce one of these talking radio's and want the best modulation it will be Wouxun and the thing I also miss with this radio is a physical VFO knob and that it says plus and minus while scrolling through the frequencies can be a little annoying.
But as I have said before, they could make these radio's very accessible, they just need to do some extra things and they could do it for sure.
Christian