From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2012 06:43:56 -0800
hi jr, tell that phone guy to stick his head in the dirt smile.  the
more the better.  i have a ground 17 feet down in the ground and
about half mile of copper wire barried and 4 ground rods 8 foot
long.  the idea is to keep the resistance as low as you can.  but
remember the length of the grouund cable is very important if you are
talking rf ground, but if you are talking just a equipment ground
thats diff.  a 8 ft ground wire is a high impedance and a good ant on
ten meters.  i have a 92 foot vertical for 160m and the bottom is
grounded not isolated from ground.  take care, c u mike w6quv