From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:43:20 -0500
We don't know much about the environments where this occurred.  For
example, a damp basement could cause pins to corrode or oxidize.  We
also don't know how often the cables were disconnected and reconnected.
The plug on the 590 is a real bear to get off, although it comes off
pretty easily if you know exactly where to squeeze it.  The older plugs
were probably easier to disconnect, which would lead to less stress on
the connectors.

Steve