From:
Russ Kiehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2013 06:52:19 -0700
A friend of mine who is a chief engineer at a radio station did the
following test on a cc radio:

Russ,

I went through my CC Radio platinum edition.here's what I found.

Its roots are an entertainment radio, not communication.  Its
sensitivity on AM is quite excellent, its selectivity is good to
excellent, unless the radio is overloaded by a couple of strong local
stations, then all goes awry.  You can hear images and artifacts all
over the dial if it's overloaded; this occurs when the field strength is
greater than 350 milivolts around the radio (high end) and 800 milivolts
(low end.)  In short its third order intercept point sucks.  10 dB sinad
occurs in a .5 Milivolt field, low end, a .2 milivolt field high end of
the dial.  10 Db selectivity points at about 4 KHz.  Distortion at the
speaker with 250 mw out of the radio was .8% THD + Nose @ 30% modulation
at 400 Hz. which all works out.  Local oscillator stability is +/- 600
Hz from -20 to +50 C.  It appears to be voltage stabilized, as voltage
applied didn't seem to have too great an effect.  It's IF image
rejection is only fair.but way better than the Super Radio.

Nutshell?  This is a sticks radio.  Owners will enjoy good reception
with it, providing they don't live close to a couple of AM radio
stations, the directivity of the loop stick antenna is quite pronounced,
strong stations can be nulled out to hear the station you desire.  An
external loop antenna needs to be used carefully - overloading seems to
be easy to do.

It is very well made with quality components everywhere, plus a clean
easy to service layout with more than I'm used to seeing on board
shielding.

So now we know about that.

John.