From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:45:16 -0400
The only tubes in my qth are picture tubes in televisions or computer
monitors.  I currently own solid state rigs and a solid state amp.  I still
use the rf apps 200p watt/swr meter.  I also own a Vectronics 512 noise
bridge which I find very helpful in pre-tuning my mfj986 tuner so that I
don't have to transmit in to a high swr and take a chance of blowing a final
transistor.

The short of it is that if you want to know what your signal is doing and
what swr your transmitter is running in to, then you need some kind of a
tuning aid.  I wouldn't operate without one!
Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]