From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:32:21 -0700
Hi,

I somehow managed to miss part of this thread, but one thing you might try is to do an internet explorer repair.  You can do this by opening control pannel
and going to add/remove programs.

In the list of programs select internet explorer or ms internet explorer, depending on how it's named on your machine.  Go to add/remove and press enter.
then, in most cases do a shift tab to get into the list of possible options and select repair.  The others are something like revert to previous version and
another which I can't recall right now.  Anyway select repair and answer yes to the prompts and at the end answer yes when asked to reboot your machine.

It's amazing just how many seemingly unrelated things this procedure can fix.

Don

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:49:42 -0400, Louis Kim Kline wrote:

Hi Gary.

It only does that on a few very large web pages, and generally runs quite
well elsewhere.

I've been over the machine, but there isn't very much running in this
machine--just Norton Internet Security, the OS, JAWS, and Internet Explorer
6.  I've even swept the machine with an updated copy of Ad Aware which
didn't find anything.  Unless I have some soft memory, I can't figure out
why the system would be so unresponsive on IE 6, but on some pages I will
either get no speech for a period of time, or else it will start reading
and fail to pay any attention to the fact that I am hitting the CTRL key to
shut it up!

73, de Lou K2LKK

BTW:  Waiting with great anticipation for that talking power/SWR meter!

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]