Date:
Sun, 20 May 2018 14:01:34 +0800
	I don't understand this at all.

Kenwood produce an extremely accessible HT for a mode which they have never
previously been involved with. Ever since then, there seems to be this
expectation that they should add DMR. Surely that extra functionality would
make the radio significantly more expensive and difficult to program. And,
as has been said already, cheap DMR radios are widely available.

As for D-Star, it is a flexible mode which does a great job of enabling
world wide contacts from a HT. I've had over 4 years of happy operating with
D-Star - for most of that time it was the received wisdom that D-Star was
inaccessible to the blind.

Cheers,
Barry VK6SP.