From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2016 21:58:33 -0500
Yesterday I was telling you about my brother Paul's antenna setup on Point
Loma, in San Diego. They got several hours of high winds, perhaps as high as
70 miles per hour. Paul sent me an e-mail earlier today noting that at least
a couple of the wires of his quad are broken, a TV antenna flew apart, and
the 40 and 80 dipoles may have some damage, too. He couldn't go up on the
roof to do more inspection until the wind died down. He can work on the quad
from his roof by turning it this way and that, using a ladder, etc. The roof
is reasonably flat compared to what we would have in this part of the
country. The tower is bracketed to the house, and can be cranked up or down.
It was down when this started, but you can't prevent everything from
happening.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com