From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:34:28 -0230
Hi Guys:

I'm thinking with the price of new rigs today and to get the same
performance of the 940, the cost could be in the neighborhood of 3G
+CAN, 1000 spent into my 940, will most likely resurrect it fully.
I did send it to a tech in Ontario Canada 2 years ago, spending a
total of 360 shipping both ways included. I received a new fan,
display bulb which was burned out, thorough cleaning and told that my
sauder joints were fine. That's when I was informed of the PLL and
that it could last 10Months or 10 years. (HI)
The Tech contacted KW and they didn't have a PLL available. I never
did try a CPU reset and as far as I know, none was never done, so will
try that the next time I'm out to my Station's QTH. I think I should
send it up again this time to Radio World in Toronto Ontario Canada
for some work.
They charge about 70 per hr plus taxes and parts and I don't think the
940 requires a whole lot just a bid of sauder and cleaning solution.
(HI)

73:

Michael