From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:45:15 -0700
Well, I have learned that switching the radio off allows it to default to
51.790 and sets the frequency selector into the 100 kHz range.  So this way
I can move it up to 51.990, click the setting to 10 kHz, click it to 52.000
and then set it to 1 MHz and so on, until I finally get down to where I want
to be about 50.125 or there abouts.  So, at least it is doable.  Man, since
frequency voice read out devices and radios, I have really gotten spoiled.
I am using the dual band Kenwood V7A and I am really spoiled using that one.
By the way, the Ranger 6 meter radio can be set to 10 kHz and 1 kHz and
finally down to 10 Hz.  There is a 25 watt model for about 300 dollars and
the 100 watt model runs about 400 dollars.  It drops to 50 watts on Am or FM
or Cw.  I am currently using a Ringo quarter wave vertical on my roof but
when I get my tower back up, I have already purchased a Cushcraft 3 element
beam on a 6 foot boom for 6 meters.  I have learned using such smaller
beams, you don't have to crank them around as much and you don't miss as
much that way with broader frontal lobes.

Phil.
K0NX

http://www.RedWhiteAndBlue.org