From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 14:27:10 -0500
Thanks, John.

Just for the record, I wrote to Joe (K1JEK), the maker of the Cobra, and he
said that it probably would be best to go with the Balun  Designs balun,
since using the tuner without a balun outside of the shack might introduce
the potential for more stray RF in the shack.

Now, maybe he just wants to sell more baluns, but his argument does make
some intuitive sense.  I was just trying to see if I could save myself $80,
by not getting the Balun Designs balun.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ