From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:50:23 -0500
Gery,

Good start.   The  coil  closest to the bottom is for 75/80 meters.   Loosen
the wingnut at the bottom of the coil to adjust the band.   The next highest
coil is for 40 meters and  the adjusting wingnut is at the top of the coil.
The third coil is for 30 meters and the adjusting wingnut is at the bottom
of the coil.   The short strap that goes from the bottom of the 30 meter
coil to the third or fourth turn on the 40 meter coil is for  20 meters.
You can reach all of these from  ground level, unless you are vertically
challenged.

The 11 foot long wire that   runs alongside the antenna  coming down from
near the top is for 15 meters, and 10 meters is adjusted  by lengthening or
shortening the very top tubing section of the antenna, by loosening the hose
clamp.   You will need to lower the antenna to adjust 10 or 15.

Just a fraction of an inch can have a big effect on things, so be careful.
If you install radials and find swr is way out of whack, you may find it
best to return all adjustments to factory settings if things have been
changed over the years.

Good luck, Steve KW3A