From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:53:48 -0400
Hi.

I've seen this effect before.  The transmitter might not actually be
putting out more power--the meter is just reading high under that
particular load.  I used to have a Radio shack SWR/Wattmeter on my old
Heath HW16 that would show 100 watts out when I would run a high SWR.  I
could see the plate current and could do a simple calculation of plate
voltage times plate current to tell that it simply wasn't possible, but if
I ran about a 3:1 SWR, that meter would read high every time.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:00 PM 4/9/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>that doesn't sound right at all. Hmmmmm.
>
>At 06:28 PM 04/09/2006, you wrote:
> >decrease? or increase?
> >It seems as though with my ldg1, if the match is high, the out put power
> >jumps way way up where it's not suppose to be...the higher the match, the
> >higher the power reading.
> >For instance, when i check swr on my 80M long wire on 160, the match is
> >around 75 to 1, and the power is showing around 250 watts out of a 97 watt
> >transmitter....
> >even a match of 1.5 to one will offset the power by a few watts...not sure
> >if this is just my unit or particular station configuration or not...if i
> >get say a 2 to one match, my output power can sometimes show up to 5 or 6
> >watts higher then what it is actually putting out.
> >73
> >Colin, V A6BKX

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK