From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:49:48 -0700
i started playing guitar when i was ten, so I have very well developed hard
calases on the four fingers of my left hand.
Why is this relevant to soldering?
Because i can touch the tip of any soldering iron unprotected with the tip
of my index finger, or any of the fingers of my left hand, as long as i
touch the hot part with the part of my finger that is calased.
Its a secondary advantage to having guitar calases.
Of course, getting hot solder stuck to your finger isn't that much fun
either, but you can rip it off without damage when you have alot of scar
tissue to protect yourself with.
That said, i can't touch it for more then a second at a time or it will
burn.
There has to be some sort of industrial glove available that is very thin,
but burn resistent.  There must be for people who work with hot metal by
hand.
google it?
73
Colin, V A6BKX