From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:48:23 -0700
Rigs are always coming up for sale.  Don't forget to check with your
friends.  I gave $600 for my Kenwood TS480SAT that a friend had bought a
year earlier but never put on the air.  He decided that he didn't like it,
even though he never tried it, HiHi.  Since I bought it strictly for six
meter operation, I knew that it would be good enough for my purposes of
driving a legal limit amp with it.  I don't know how good it is on HF, as I
haven't tried it there.  It seems like a pretty good radio to me though.  It
just goes to show that if you keep your ears open, you will find something.

Alan/KD7GC

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ