From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:07:16 -0500
If you can somehow manage to lay your hands on one of the LDG Electronics
TW1 talking Wattmeters, there is a function that can be enabled by holding
the forward power in for about 2 seconds where you can get the meter to
emit a steady tone that varies the pitch with the output power, which you
can then use to peak the final output amplifier on your rig.  It should
serve you quite nicely if you can find one.  Unfortunately, this meter is
in the process of being discontinued.

There are probably other tuning aids around that would work as well, but I
am not  knowledgeable on the particulars of the other tuning aids out
there.  But, once you get past that little hurdle, the TS520S should serve
you very well.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 03:02 PM 2/17/2008 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi guys, I'm looking to get into the hobby of amateur radio.
>unfortunately or fortunately, which ever way you look at it, I shall
>only be able to afford a valve radio at the current time.
>my question is, how does a for want of a better way to put it, white
>stick go about tuning a valve radio such as the kenwood TS-520S?
>in the past when I owned one which use to operate where it shouldn't
>back in my old cb days, I'd have to get the XYL to read the various
>meters for me. is there some kind of tactile or auditory feedback one
>can use to tune the radio for optimum performance?
>Thanks in advance,
>Shaun
>

>--
>2:39 PM