From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:14:00 -0400
I know this is off-topic, but at least it shouldn't generate flames and swearing, and I do use these units in the shack.

Anyone on list familiar with the circuitry of the Braille Lite 40?  I have a friend who is offering to try to replace the battery packs in several units for me.  I sent him my oldest unit first to experiment with since I didn't really care what happened to that one.  He got the batteries in but now when he turns it on, it just beeps and no Braille comes up.  Has it lost the firmware?  He did find a lithium battery for the memorie which seems to be good.  It measures 3 volts.  I've now sent him another unit along with a charger so he can keep it powered while he changes the cells.  Any observations apreciated.  73,  Lou