From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:28:56 -0600
Chris,
I wouldn't do it.  You would have to retain the coaxial part of coax
and that would be very difficult.  Also, whatever insulation you
placed around the center conductor would probably have different
dielectric properties than what the cable has and that would screw
things up as well.  You could place connectors on the ends of the
pieces and use a barrel connector to connect them.  That would work fine.
Sorry to rain on your parade.