From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 07:53:38 -0500
I had to bring my TS-830 home on my lap, keeping in mind we got in traffic
so that was for an hour longer than it should have been, it should have been
about an hour and a half to 2 hours, it took almost 3 to get home. It was
either that or in the open back of the pickup truck with my 440 repeater,
bet one of them sliding around there would have been some damage done to one
or the other and there was no way after wanting an 830 so long, I was going
to get it all banged up. Also, one of the cabinet doors was off the repeater
because the Motorola Micor station, to those that don't know, has plastic
vents on the doors and if we let the whole thing rest and slide on them,
they'd be smashed and I only have 2 spares. Granted I need to remove one
anyway for running cables, but still, I didn't need that so I held the
TS-830 on my lap the whole way home praying he wouldn't have to stop fast.