From:
Lowell Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:06:22 -0500
Hello Richard:
Well, of course, the more wire you can put on the ground the better.
I have about 500 feet of wire with the radials ranging in length from 12
feet to 170 feet long.
None of them are of any electrical wave length.
They are all of randum lengths.
No, I don't think that it is particularly hard to tune.
Start with the suggested settings by the manufacturer and from there, you
could use an antenna analizer.
I just use my LDG TW1 SWR bridge.
I also have added the 160 MTR coil to mine and have good results.
I do have an amp running about 1100 watts when needed.
On 75 MTR a couple of years ago, I worked a JA with a 100 watts on SSB.
Not bad, would you say?
Yes, the antenna is ground mounted as you guessed.
If you have more questions, just ask me!
73
Lowell  W8QIY