From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:52:57 -0700
hello lou, i have changed the battery pack on several braille lites
and there is no problem changing them.  the pack is made up of 5
batteries in series and a second 5 in parallel for higher
current.  the battery pac is a plug in unit and is glued in the
case.  i had a company in colorado called car-go build me 20 packs
and they did a great job.  i sent them a pack that came out of a
braille lite and they duplicated it.  as far as the display is
concerned maybe he broke a wire or maybe he didn't get something
plugged in correct.  when opening the unit, you can just fold the
unit open and replace the battery pack and fold it shut and put the
screws back in and you are ready to go.  remember the batteries are
not charged up when you get them so charge the unit for say 10 hours
before you try to use it.  the display won't work unless the power is
there.  hope this helps lou, take care, c u 73 mike w6quv