From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 20:53:38 -0600
I was the very weak signal from New Orleans.  I did hear Tom and I think
someone named Kevin and Steve.  I couldn't hear Gary in Mississippi.  I was
unable to get very much on the vertical but was able to hear some on my
dipole that is only about 18 feet up.  Not sure if I should look for a
different antenna or just what I should do.  I hear Verginia, Kentucky, New
Jersey sometimes but I am not at all impressed with the audio with the
Bbutternut 6v.  I hear others saying that people have good strong signals
and I can't hear anything.  For some reason I thought ham reception would be
better than it is.  Any ideas or thoughts would be great.  I am really
getting discouraged.