From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2015 13:22:29 -0500
Ok, now we are getting somewhere.   Just based on speech, the Kenwood
radio's are probably your best choice.  I think they can all be modified
by clipping a diode.

I'm not trying to be funny here.  I seem to remember a post from you
saying  you are in a difficult situation antenna wise, due to landlord
or something.

Do you have any idea how big  a tri band 3 element yagi is?    It's
going to need a substantial supporting structure and a rotor with some
provision to tell  where it is pointed.    None of this stuff comes cheap.

A used 480 or  (older) 570  Kenwood might be a good starting point.   Of
course, if money is no object , look for a new  590 Kenwood.

Good luck. Building your first station  can be fun, but  so many choices
out there.  Shop wisely.

73, Steve KW3A