From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 10:34:49 -0500
Tom,

It's a shame you could never get the Kenwood virtual comm port driver to
load on your pc, so you  could connect  via the USB port on the radio.
  There is a new version of the driver  at the kenwood site:

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html

Don't know if this will install for you, if it could help solve your
problem, or just ad to your frustration.

73, Steve KW3A