From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:35:37 -0600
Ron,

It does sound like an Art Bell story but this one is for real.  The BBC had
the first report on it and I have seen the same story run on CBS evening
Television news.  Plus, mainline Scientific journals have reported on it and
the government has all sorts of seismic gages planted all over the park
monitoring vibration to see if they might be able to warn people in advance
of any blow.  I'm not too worried about it because, even though it is 17,000
years, some say 40,000 years, passed due, it was 600,000 years ago when it
blew the last time.  Not even any of my relatives were around back then to
report on it all so I'm not worried.  If we do get ash up to 25 feet, I'll
just climb my tower to stay above it.

Phil.