From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:47:17 -0700
If you don't open it, how can shutting down the computer do anything to
protect the hard drive, I wonder?  I'm on the Snopes mailing list but Snopes
doesn't validate everything I hear just because they are Snopes.  Right? Or
am I seeing something wrong here?  I mean, if you don't open something with
the virus, how can you get it?  One way is by clicking on the URL you are
given that validates Snopes is warning you it is true.  I wouldn't touch
that link with a ten foot pole.

Phil.
K0NX

Phil.