From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:36:35 -0700
has anyone on list tried the miracle whip antenna?
I know it's basically a 4 foot whip into a manual tuner that allows a 50ohm
load to the radio...and likely is far down on the efficiency scale...
but for the price it seems like an interesting portible or apartment style
HF antenna.
I'm trying to find something that is 6 feet tall or less, that will play on
at least 40M and up, and that won't break the bank...IE, less than $200.
I saw several potential mobile HF antennas on universal radio's website that
could be converted into something for the balcony with a heavy bass and some
radials...prices seem to be coming down on the multi-band mobile/portible HF
antennas.
As a last resort, i could go mobile and mount on the car and play HF in the
mobile, but I would prefer something in the house.
73
Colin, V A6BKX