From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 23:29:50 -0400
Hi.

You might contact Plantronics and ask the question.  They are the company
that makes the headsets that we use in our call center.  Probably a little
pricy, but I suspect they would have the best shot at making something that
would fill the bill.  Still wondering what characteristics make it
compatible with a hearing aid, but since these folks make a lot of
equipment for telephone applications, my suspicion is that they are likely
to be aware of hearing impairment issues.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 12:03 PM 8/10/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>John,
>     Well it looks like I am not going to find answers here.  I will find out
>hwo makes headsets and email tech support for the answers then see if I then
>need to look at converting the connectors.  I know a local tech who could do
>the work if I need it.
>
>     Apparently the way this radio is set up, one needs to have both the
>speaker and mic plugged in for it to work.  So I cant even just listen to it
>using a headset with no mic..  I will perservere.
>
>*---*  *---*  *---*  *---*  *---*
>If you come to a fork in the road, take it.
>  --Yogi Berra
>Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
>Newport, Oregon
>N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup