From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:16:27 -0500
Steve,

With respect to the linear supplies, you forgot to point out that the other
limiting factor could be the strength of your table!  Of course if you had
enough Astrons, you could stack them up and reinforce the table from beneath!

But seriously, one of the things that got me to start to look at the
switchers was the sheer weight of the linear supplies, especially if I
thought that the need might arise to transport it somewhere.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 09:57 PM 2/13/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>Keith,
>
>I'm a big fan of the Astron linear supplies.  Big, beefy, no hash,  and long
>lasting.  In a few decades your widow will sell it as part of your estate
>sale.
>
>This may not be true today, but a few years ago Samlex was  producing the
>switching  supplies for Kenwood.    Identical supply, just without the
>Kenwood lable and cheaper.
>
>Which ever way you go, it's  never a bad move to buy a larger supply than
>you need today.   Unless you are limited by space or financial
>considerations, a larger supply  allows you to add more junk to your station
>as the years go buy.
>
>73, Steve KW3A

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK