From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 12:32:48 -0500
Hi Wayne,
There is actually a list of approved radios for MARS/CAP use. It's been a
while since I've read about it, but I do remember that the radio has to be
stable to 5 parts per million of the tuned frequency. I know (because I have
one and read up on it) that the IC703+ is such a radio, featuring a built in
crystal oven for the unit's crystal oscillator. The list I mentioned will
provide the foundational info you need, then you can investigate further to
determine which radios will prove useable for you.

My apologies, at the end of this email, because I cannot point you to a
current list of approved radios. My suggestion is to ask the contact you
have into the closest MARS Base Support Team, or whomever you are talking to
about joining and participating in MARS.

73
.

Ron Miller
N6MSA