From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:58:27 -0400
I've had a PayPal account for over three years and have had absolutely no
problem with it and my checking account is registered as a part of my
account in addition to one credit card number.  I have gotten several spoof
emails about my PayPal account, but those were phishing emails that did not
come from PayPal.  I did forward them to PayPal for follow up in hopes that
those Phishing guys might be caught.
If your buying something through PayPal, there is no fee, but there are
seller's fees.
I also want to mention that I've also gotten phishing emails supposedly from
EBay and the Philadelphia Credit union.  The one from the credit union was
really scary.  I knew that it was a spoof because I don't have an account
there, but they gave a telephone number which was a Lansing Michigan phone
number (517) area code, that had me talking to an automated voice male
system.  If I had held one of their accounts, I might have been suckered in
by that one.  I did give that phone number to our Michigan State Police.
73
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype Name: bobtinn
Life is GOOD!