From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:32:32 -0600
Very interesting.  My smart remotes sure do take a long time to sync
with the TVs DVDs and VCRs in my living room and master   bedroom.

I have not tried the stereo yet but may do so.  I witch I had the
ability to set up more than three devices with each remote so it would
not matter which one is used in either place.

I had a Memorex here at work which had The ability to set up 8 32 step
macros but if you did not have the original remote to train the Memorex
you were out of luck unlike the two I am using at home.    I used the
Memorex to run a basic automation sequence for my radio station.

I guess everything today is X10 modules or the replacements for same
(for house automation) but the IP control is very nice for off site
management.

Turn on the coffee pot at 2:40 am for that rare dx, notify you when the
brew is done, warm up the rig tune the antenna and as you sleepily
meander into the shack, the logging program comes up ready for entry....

###
BRETT WINCHESTER
208-639-8386
###