From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 06:13:20 -0500
I used one a couple years ago and the only reason I'm not using it now is I
don't have the land for it. I loved it. I'm not sure on the internal tuner
as I had an amp at the time so needed an external tuner for the amp but I
know when not using the amp at times I would put the tuner in bypass mode
and run the tuner in the radio and I don't recall it ever having a problem.
I miss that antenna, best wire antenna I've ever had. I did an a/b
comparison with other antennas, I had the land for it and any other multi
band antenna I tried at that location it had them beat on most bands
noticeably. I'm not talking an s1 on one antenna was an s9 on the cobra, but
the noise level was lower in general and often, especially on 75, 40 and 160
though I had few to compare it with on 160, often I could see an s5 signal
turn in to an S7 by switching antennas. I had a G5RV up almost the whole
time I had the cobra up and it really beat the g5rv everywhere but 12 and 10
meters where neither one is worth anything because it's just too long and
they were about equal there but any other band, that cobra was equal to and
more often beating anything else I compared it with. I just wish I had the
room where I am now to put one up though what I have works for what I want
to do with it.