From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:02:21 -0500
we just don't ground UHF/VHF stuff, honestly that's only critical on
frequencies lower then 17 meters, like 75 you need one, 40,  you can get
away with out a ground in most cases on 10 and 12 meters and in all
actuality, that's usually where a ground that's too long will cause the most
problems though they can also on 40 and bands like that as well. really 12
and higher in frequency you really don't need the RF ground so much and in
some cases not at all.