From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:28:45 -0500
I think this is something commonly done, but before I make something go
up in smoke, I figured I'd throw this out:

I have 2 rigs and 2 amps.  I'd like to connect  the output of each amp
to a 2 position coax switch, then the third port on the switch  going to
the meter/tuner/antenna system.

This would be an either / or situation.  Sometimes I would prefer to run
1 rig/amp combo, and other times the other.  There is only 1 240 outlet
in the shack, so only 1 amp can be powered at any one time.

As long as I remember to flip the coax switch, and plug in the correct
amp,  I don't see any problem.   Just wondering if I've overlooked some
basic law of physics that will bite me on the butt.

Tnx, Steve KW3A