From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 05:59:24 -0700
please excuse me for butting in and being off topic.

I have bin away from ham radio for 47 years.  No, that isn't a typo.  Where
do I start?  I only had a novas listens back in high school but we had a
radio
club in college and I hung around the shack with friends.  At that time, it
was necessary to travel to the nearest FCC office to take the exam and no
one
could tell me how a blind person could do it.  I'm sure you can anticipate
most of my questions. for example:
Are there special tests without drawing for persons who are blind?
Are the 700 questions available on line somewhere?
How do you recommend studying for the test?  I don't know my way around this
list or the website  yet but it is huge and any help getting started using
it will also be appreciated.
 I'm running Jaws 5.0 and XP. on an IBM ThinkPad T41.  No, I'm no wizard at
computers either.  This is my first and last non hand-me-down garage built
computer.
Well, I've rambled on enough.  Thanks for any help anyone  can give me
Bob Humbert