From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:31:49 -0600
usually when you press the PTT button and you get a beep, it means you are
trying to make the radio transmit outside of its set tx frequencies.
This can happen easily since i think there is an offset button on the radio
and if you  are near a band edge and you press the offset button, it'll put
the transmitter above or below the ham band.
or you had the radio in complete lock mode or something.
probably just turning the rig off, and back on again and getting back into
the memory mode solved the issue.
73
Colin, V A6BKX