From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 10:30:43 -0600
most scanners are easy to use.
Scanners are inherently easier to program from the front then via
computer...but i think the scancat software and various other generic
software that will work with what ever scanner you buy will work fine.
I think the uniden programming software, or at least, any software that
works for uniden/bearcat scanners is accessible enough.
Since most of the programming is done, or can be done, using a text file,
its pretty accessible.
all that said though, its very much simpler and easier to program what you
want through the front pannel.

73
Colin, V A6BKX