From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:57:32 -0700
Speaking of controling things, Does anyone know the latest on the sky
command 2 that is available in the 2000.  Originally the fcc denied
Kenwood making it legal, but it is my understanding Kenwood changed it so
it is now legal.  Anyone know anything about this?

As far as dual band radios, if you can find them used, I'd recommend the
icom 2340, 2610, and another number I can't remember.  I hope I got these
models right.  All will crossband repeat and can be touchtone controled as
a remote base.  They all also have talk back if you have the voice option
so you can check what frequency the remote base is on.  I've tot 3 of
these radios and like them.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr