From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:59:34 -0500
Hi.

I really like the 220 MHz band, and think it is one of the most wasted
pieces of radio spectrum from a standpoint of falling short of its
potential.  I used to co-own a repeater on that band, and I loved it.  The
coverage is very much like 2 meters, but of course the antennas are much
smaller.

I'm afraid we are going to lose this band one day, and frankly the FCC
would be very justified in taking it because we are not really using it
very effectively.  In Rochester there are exactly two repeaters on the
band, and they are just ports on linked repeater systems that also have
ports all over the 2 meter and 70 cm bands.

I'd love to have the resources to put up a couple of good machines and get
a bunch of guys to all go in and get a bunch of radios and give the band
some activity.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK