From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 20:14:37 -0700
i thought they used a microchip or micro processer to control the radios
oscelater these days? I'm surprised they still use crystals.
At any rate, I am certain, that with modern processers, they already have
something in place to correct for any drift.
Also, and i might be totally off on this, when they talk about drift, don't
they usually mean perhaps a few hz, like no more then 10HZ either way?
And, even with the use of a crystal oscelator, as i said, the onboard
processer will likely adjust for any major drift anyway right.
I can see the usefullness of a t x o in an older radio that is subject to
noticeable drift but not with modern radios.

73
Colin, V A6BKX